Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 15:05:31 -0400
From:      Jan Knepper <jan@smartsoft.cc>
To:        ezmlm <ezmlm@list.cr.yp.to>, vpopmail <vchkpw@inter7.com>, FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ezmlm not acception administrative requests

OK, since I get very annoyed when things don't work I decided to
look into the source of ezmlm-manage.c. Besides that I did see
things that I wondered about why the heck something in code was on
in 8 lines (unstructured) while the same thing could have been sone
in just one I found what was causing me trouble.

ezmlm-make creates a file 'inlocal' which by default just contains
the name of the list.

When using ezmlm with vpopmail that does not really work since the
environment variable LOCAL is being set to:
<domain.ext>-<list>
ezmlm-manage.c compares these two, that is $LOCAL and the line in
'inlocal' for the length of the line in 'inlocal'.

For a list 'questions@freebsd.org' this would mean the following:

$LOCAL='freebsd.org-questions'

inlocal, created by ezmlm-make would contain 'questions'

Basically "freebsd.org-questions" and "questions" would be
lowercased and compared as strings for the length of "questions".
Needless to say, this returns an un-equal because of which
ezmlm-manage exits and the list does not seem to accept
administrative requests.

Hope this will be of help to anyone setting up ezmlm vpopmail and
qmail.

Don't worry, be Kneppie!
Jan