Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:02:10 -0500
From:      Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>, "Jorge Mario G." <murcielako@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: updating to 4.6.1

At 06:02 PM 8/14/2002 -0700, Kent Stewart wrote:
>I think 4.6.1 doesn't officially exist. The docs refering to it have been
>change. When it is released it will be 4.6.2 but to cvsup it, you will
>have to follow RELENG_4_6. RELENG_4 is stable, which will start to becom
>4.7 in September.

4.6.2-RELEASE is almost here.

Officially not until a message is posted to freebsd-announce.

But, unofficially, it's in CVS now and official ISO
files should be released in the very immediate future.

As far as I can tell, 4.6.1-RELEASE-p11 and
4.6.2-RELEASE are almost the same thing.
So, not everyone needs to rush and update their
systems.  You may already have all of the security
updates on your current RELENG_4_6 system.

--
Christopher Schulte
http://www.schulte.org/