Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2019 18:22:31 +0000
From:      Johannes Lundberg <johalun0@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bhyve, nat, lagg failover problems

On 2/15/19 5:28 PM, Johannes Lundberg wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I have a setup like described here:
> https://github.com/churchers/vm-bhyve/wiki/NAT-Configuration
> Bhyve guests use static IP addresses and everything works fine (i.e.
> guest can access host and internet).
>
> However, if I use lagg with failover for em0 and wlan0, and replace em0=

> with lagg0 in pf.conf the guests can not communicate with the host, or
> internet. The failover works fine for the host. I'm sure there has to b=
> a way to get this to work...
>
> Is there anyone that can help?

Found the problem! The command

|# vm switch address public 192.168.8.1/24|

|fixed it. vm-bhyve's command 'vm's help did not list this option as
available and therefor the confusion. It turns out the "vm" command's
help was outdated, not the wiki. Now my bhyve guests also work properly
during failover from ethernet to wifi :D I only setup the lagg in
rc.conf and let vm-bhyve handle all settings regarding the bridge, as
described in their wiki.