Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 07:01:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      pradesh.chanderpaul@iname.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mouse : psm0 not found at 0x60

1. PROBLEM
----------

I have been unable to get FreeBSD to recognize my
PS/2 mouse. On boot I get an error:-
   psm0 not found at 0x60
I've tried enabling on boot:-c, but the error persists.

Win95 and DOS recognizes the mouse (Genius Netmouse) at
IRQ 12. (BTW, How can I obtain the adrress that Win95
sees the mouse at - Control Panel doesn't say.) The
FreeBSD installation suggests IRQ12 and address 0x60,
but that's as far as I get.

I searched the questions archive and the closed I came
to finding an answer is:-
   >> The psm0 device is broken.  If I remember
   >> correctly, you have to hack the psm device driver    >> so it does not check the i/o port address.  Check
   >> the questions archive for a definitive answer.
from D. White. (Feb 1996).

That unfortunately puts me even more in the dark. I need
help as I've been searching for two weeks now.

2. SUGGESTION
of related questions. It is possible for someone (not me
as my online resources are limited) to compile and
release a "trouble shooting guide" at the FreeBSD web
site.

An ideal first candidate will be PS/2 mouse problems :)

Regards
Pradesh Chanderpaul

PS : I would appreciate being CC'ed to any reponses as I
am not a list subscriber.