Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 17:04:51 -800
From:      "Mark L. Holloway" <mholloway@flashmail.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't compile on Alpha..please help!

This is desperate.. So I've installed FreeBSD 3.3 Release, snaged the X11 for
FreeBSD Alpha from relay.nuxi.com, and went to install the Blackbox window manager.
 This is what happens (I've tried it through ports and compiling the source
myself):

/configure

checking for BSD comaptible install.../us/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: newly created
file is older than distributed files!

What the heck does this mean and how do I fix it? Sorry for the over tone, but
this blows.. I *JUST* finished my FreeBSD installation and haven't even had
time to screw anything up! Seriously, I may have done something (but I really
don't know what)...help!?!?

Regards,
Mark