Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:22:28 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Clock question

On Monday 24 September 2001 08:48 pm, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> You should also try recompiling the kernel without apm and disable apm
> in the BIOS (if it has it), as this is known to have trouble with clocks.
>
> Also verify that the CPU speed jumpers and multiplier jumpers and all
> that are correctly set.
>
> Ted Mittelstaedt
> tedm@toybox.placo.com Author of:                           The FreeBSD
> Corporate Networker's Guide Book website:
> http://www.freebsd-corp-net-guide.com

Thanks Ted, but adding the two options lines seems to have corrected the
problem. Now it only sets the time occasionally. This box doesn't have apm in
the bios and I went ahead and commented it out of the kernel config just to
be sure.

Beech

--
Micro$oft: "Where can we make you go today?"
     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org