Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 01:50:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: scsi cleanup

As Peter Dufault wrote:

> Another one that has come up lately is "multiple personalities" -
> a device is a WORM and is a CDROM.  I'll add this also.

There are two kinds of this:

Some drives lie about their personality.  This happened to me with my
Really Ancient SONY MOD drive (actually an ESDI drive, with a separate
ESDI-to-SCSI bridge), and caused me to modify scsiconf.c.

The CD-R is a superset of the CDROM.  Since CD-R's aren't fully
covered by the SCSI-2 spec, the vendors seem to be undecided of
whether to call their baby T_READONLY or T_WRITEONCE.

--
cheers, J"org