Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 21:22:34 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, ache@astral.msk.su, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crypt code summary(2).

> >> Which I would be STRONGLY opposed to having in the source tree.
>
> > Why? You have voiced an opinion for another package (I cannot remember its
> > name). Lets hear some argument for this. I would like _something_.
>
>      1.   RSAREF is free for personal or corporate use under the
>           following conditions:
>
>           o    RSAREF, RSAREF applications, and services based on
>                RSAREF applications may not be sold.

Does selling a `free' operating system for the distribution costs on CDROM
count as `selling'?

Is FreeBSD (as opposed to the CDROM) actually `sold'? (This question could
easily sink to semantics, I know. Lets try to keep it sane.

GNU may not be sold either. We have GNU. (Not much, and the license makes it
a bit funny, but when you need it, you need it).

>           o    You must give RSA the source code of any free RSAREF
>                application you plan to distribute or deploy within
>                your company. RSA will make these applications
>                available to the public, free of charge.

What is the problem here? We _want_ to do this. We are going to do it anyway.

>      4.   You must use the interface described in the RSAREF
>           documentation.

For European users, this does not kill RSAEURO. It is the same interface.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200