Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:21:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        "Adam D. Gorski" <agorski@engin.umich.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB problem (was: Cat'ing /dev/audio)

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Adam D. Gorski wrote:

> Well, I re-compiled mpg123 for i386, but it's still crackling... did you
> mean that I should recompile my whole system form the bottom up? I hope
> not...

did you recompile the entire box with p2? if you did, then you probably
should recompile the whole thing.

if you just compiled the kernel and the mods with p2, then just recompile
and reinstall those.

refresh my memory, did you rebuild the whole machine from src? or did u
just do the kernel?

and if you just did the kernel, did u just copy the kernel up to / or did
you do a make install?

if you rebuilt the kernel and modules but didnt do a make install and
copied the kernel to / instead, then you have a kernel that was built with
p2 and modules that where not.