Date:      Sat, 07 Aug 2010 02:30:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "geoffrey.ferrari" <geoffrey.ferrari@me.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Black Display after suspend/resume on Thinkpad X201 with 8.1/amd64

Dear all,=0A=0AI'm running FreeBSD 8.1/amd64 on a Thinkpad X201 (Intel Cor=
e i5 CPU with Intel integrated graphics). Everything works great except th=
at there is a problem with the display when resuming after suspend. I was =
wondering if someone could offer some advice on whether it would be possib=
le to get this working, and if I could help by providing any relevant info=
rmation. The hardware on this machine is pretty new, but it would be great=
 to get it working :-) I started discussing this a while back on the freeb=
sd-mobile mailing list, but couldn't find a workable solution. The origina=
l discussion is here http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/201=
0-May/011990.html .=0A=0AThe current situation is that the machine will su=
=EF=BB=BFspend using acpiconf -s 3 and it will also resume. The problem is=
 that the LCD display does not resume correctly after suspend - instead it=
 just stays black. I've been randomly tweaking various things, and get sli=
ghtly different results. Sometimes the display stays black in the sense th=
e display is still completely switched off. Othertimes, I think the displa=
y switches on, but nothing is displayed, so that the display is on but sho=
wing nothing except a black background. However, I can still type blind an=
d e.g. shutdown/restart the machine.=0A=0A It may help to know that suspen=
d/resume works perfectly under the latest Ubuntu 10.04, without any specia=
l configuration. I've also updated this machine to the latest BIOS from Le=
novo. I've made available a file containing the output or contents of /boo=
t/loader.conf, /etc/rc.conf, dmesg, devinfo -vr, acpidump -td, and sysctl =
-a. This file can be downloaded from https://files.me.com/geoffrey.ferrari=
/oqv857 . I hope somebody will be able to help! At this stage, I'd be very=
 grateful for any suggestions either on how to fix the problem myself, or =
on how to provide the right information to this list to help others to fix=
 it. Right now, it's only suspend/resume that's keeping me from using Free=
BSD as my work OS on a daily basis.=0A=0AIncidentally, does anyone know if=
 9-CURRENT would support my Thinkpad better than 8.1?=0A=0AThanks,=0A=0AGe=
off=0A=0A=