Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:01:28 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
Cc:        dougb@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   xscreensaver & libgle

Hi Doug,

I'm trying to compile the latest version of xscreensaver (latest
cvsup'd), and the build dies when trying to build the GLE library
dependancy:

	configure:3159: checking for glutSwapBuffers in -lglut
	configure:3178: cc -o conftest -O -pipe  -Wall   conftest.c -lglut
	-lSM -lICE -lXmu -lGLU -lGL -lXmu  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
	-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -pthread -lm 1>&5
	/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lglut
	configure: failed program was:
	#line 3167 "configure"
	#include "confdefs.h"
	/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
	/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
		builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
	char glutSwapBuffers();

	int main() {
	glutSwapBuffers()
	; return 0; }
	(end of "config.log")

Thought I'd email you since you made the last change on the GLE port
as well. This is on a 4-STABLE machine running XFree84-4.1.0. Workarounds?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>