Date:      Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:46:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        malaclypse@gamesluts.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell Inspiron 8100 Hot-swappable device support?

In message: <001801c1abc0$00265ff0$0200a8c0@tigra>
            "Cory" <malaclypse@gamesluts.org> writes:
: My main concern/curiosity is: is there any way to get the hot-swappable
: drive to detect/work? I've got a Toshiba CD R/W IDE hot swappable drive that
: detects on boot as acd1, but I'd like to be able to get the device to
: initialize post-boot. Is that even possible in FreeBSD, or any Unix for that
: matter? Windows seems to treat it like a USB-style device, complete with
: "ejection" support.

-current has atacontrol, which is what you want.

Warner