Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2012 02:15:09 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Erich Dollansky" <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>, "Kevin Oberman" <kob6558@gmail.com>
Cc:        Jamie Paul Griffin <jamie@osx.kode5.net>, Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS-UP] Announcing the end of port CVS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erich Dollansky" <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>

>> > What if neither is close to me (there are other countries in the
>> > world, not only USA, some are even on the other side of the planet,
>> > btw, did you know?) ?
>>
>> Yes, I am quite aware of it, but I am merely the messenger. Until
>> other subversion mirrors are made available in other parts of the
>> world, only the two in the US are available. I'm sure that will change
>> in time, but for the moment, only the two US mirrors have been
>> announced.
>>
> why stop a system then when the replacement is not up and running? Do
> you want to kill the infrastructure to distribute FreeBSD?

Looking at it from the practical side if the replacement architecture
isn't ready yet then it sounds like this needs to be delayed until
such a time that it is.

Only having two mirrors and both in the US is not really practical,
many of us, in other parts of the globe, will suffer from stupidly
long update times; BDP would really have a bad effect on updates,
and that's assuming the two servers don't just die under the load of
everyone using them.

So again please consider delaying the switch over until a decent mirror
set is available, in order to prevent serious amounts of frustration
from your user base.

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.