Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 02:56:44 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1046711697.1ee00d@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Online intro to FreeBSD/Unix

On 2003-02-26 11:14, Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1046711697.1ee00d@mired.org> wrote:
> I have a client that wants to start using FreeBSD, because he wants to
> get back into programming and wants to use the free compilers on
> FreeBSD. However, he hasn't used Unix in 10 years or more, and has
> forgotten all of it.
>
> Is there a PS or PDF document somewhere that serves as an introduction
> to Unix/FreeBSD I can point him at for documentation?

If the documentation you have to provide is not required to be
specific to FreeBSD and only to FreeBSD, you could always use the
classic Linux book for newbies:

    Welsh, Matt.  "Linux Installation and Getting Started"
	http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/LDP/gs/gs.html

I rather liked it back when I read it.  I still do.

- Giorgos