Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 20:23:26 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Handbook Modifications

On Sun, Jun 07, 1998 at 05:26:33AM -0400, Dima Dorfman wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I added a few things to the handbook.  The file is kernelconfig.sgml, and
> the diff can be found at:
> 	ftp://ftp.zwb.net/FreeBSD/kernelconfig.sgml.diff

It's great to see some work in this area. More details about building
custom kernels are always handy!

You've got me wondering about the idea that userconfig should be removed
from custom kernels. Is it advantageous enough to be a "shouldn't
normally" for everyone? I've rebuilt my kernel about a dozen times with
never a hitch and I still don't feel confident about being stuck with one
that can't be reconfigured in an emergency. Is this just the paranoia
that comes from a newbie's lack of confidence?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-