Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:13:47 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
Cc:        Multimedia <FreeBSD-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xcdroast works only in 1024x768???

The Anarcat wrote:

> [I think this is -multimedia related, if not please advise && redirect]
>
> Hi!
>
> I recently tried out a lovely piece of software that I thought I used to
> use (sysutils/xcdroast) and when I finally got to run it (it seems it
> nees to be ran as root), it aborted saying that it can *only* run in
> 1024x768.
>
> Now this seems not only completely idiotic, it also escapes me as of how
> it is possible. Why, does it run in full-screen or something?
>
> I here have a lovely thing called a pager that I use to work around
> *broken* software which popup too big windows.
>
> Sorry, just ranting here, but does any of you had any similar problems
> or figured out solutions?
>
> I'll soon start looking through the code for a place to fix this,
> because I consider this a bug or misfunctionality, at least.

Hmm, maybe xcdroast isn't the program for you then.  Have you tried
gcombust?  I've taken a liking to gcombust (it's the only CD burning
program that I know of that will try to optimize your use of the CD
at the click of a button.)

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer