Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:50:41 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Thomas Abthorpe <portmgr-secretary@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-Ports-Announce] [HEADS UP] Ports tree has been migrated to Subversion

Hi Thomas,
> Before committing please read the Ports Subversion Primer,
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsSubversionPrimer.  Please feel to add
> missing parts of fix it if something is wrong.

There is no match for "svn" & "subversion" in
	 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

There are matches for cvs, I suggest add a link to
	http://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsSubversionPrimer
&/or to some page that shows [man svn] sample equivalents for such as:
        cvs -R export -r HEAD  doc
        cvs -Q -R export -r RELENG_8_3_0_RELEASE  src
        cvs -Q -R export -r RELEASE_8_3_0         ports
        cvs -Q -R export -r RELEASE_8_3_0         doc
        cvs    -R export -r RELENG_4_11_0_RELEASE src
        cvs    -R export -r RELEASE_4_11_0        ports
        cvs    -R export -r RELEASE_4_11_0        doc

Not all users of CVS & SVN will be commiters, some will just extract to read,
so best have an extra SVN link not obscured just under commiters.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html
	just refers to CVS not SVN

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".