Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:31:49 -0400
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installing Cacti from Ports

I hada VM running an older installation of FreeBSD 7.2.  I recently got bac=
k to it and tried to install Cacti from the ports collection.  I cvsup'd in=
 an up-to-date ports collection, and did the usual "make, make install" for=
 Cacti.  During the "make install" process a dependency failed to build.  I=
 believe it was xcb-utils that failed to build because XCB was at version 1=
.2 and needed to be at 1.4.  I couldn't get the issue resolved no matter wh=
at I tried.  I ended up giving up.....later on I went through the "freebsd-=
update" process and upgraded to a newer version of 7.2.  After that Cacti a=
nd all dependencies built and installed successfully.  Was XCB upgraded whe=
n I did the freebsd-update process?  Or what?  I'm just trying to find out =
what happened.....  Thanks! =