Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:10:23 +0900
From:      Katsushi Kobayashi <ikob@koganei.wide.ad.jp>
To:        exile@chamber.ee
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 28bit address limitation on HD

Hello,

By the basic policy of current SBP-II driver, the different device No.
is assigned if the device has different EUI-64 ID. If you had once
attached other SBP-II SCSI disk or IDE/Firewire bridges, the device
No. is not zero. Even if the first device has been removed already.

In the case of dynamic attached disk system, it is difficult to
manipulate legacy UNIX way. This issue is not only SBP-II.
I thought some mechanism or policy is needed  which disk should bind
which ids.

Also, I am not sure, why happen busy device messages.