Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:53:39 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   TODO list

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

Not a complete list of things to do to the docs by any means, but I
thought I'd share my doc/ TODO list with you all.  These aren't ordered
in any special way.  I promise not to be offended if someone decides
that they want to do one of these :-)

*  Write more of it.

*  Think up a cool documentation project slogan; "We wrote it, so please
   read it"?

*  Break up the Handbook into smaller handbooks.

*  Reorganise the FAQ.

*  Bring the FDP Primer up to date with the latest changes.

*  Get indexing working properly.

*  Supplement the ASCII art in the FAQ, Handbook, and other documents with
   proper images.  Retain the ASCII art for those people that can't view
   images.

*  Investigate XML, XSL, and XSLT, and work out how hard it would be to=20
   support them in the docs.  This may also involve pushing XML support in
   the base system (config files, et al).

*  Investigate passiveTeX as a way of producing PDF.  See
   http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/passivetex/ for details.

*  Assist with reorganising and restructuring the web site.

*  Put together a docbook.css file that doesn't look like a throwback to
   the sixties.

*  Get Ruslan, or one of the others, to write a section for the primer
   about manual pages.

*  Work out how to incrementally move manual pages to DocBook.  Stumbling
   block is efficiently going from DocBook to *roff.

*  Get more reliable conspectus writers.

*  Look at OMF (http://www.ibiblio.org/osrt/omf/faq.html) in more detail,
   and investigate the ScrollKeeper project (see SourceForge).
--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft--