Date:      Sun, 07 Feb 1999 20:07:56 -0800
From:      Joey Garcia <gummibear@mediaone.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Looking for Video Capture Software

Hey all!

I have a Diamond Supra Video Kit which is comprised of a video capture
card and a PC video camera similar to that of a QuickCam.  The video
capture board seems to be based on the bt848 chip.

I installed the new bt848 chip drives which I found on the FreeBSD bt848
development site. I rebuilt my kernel with support for the video board
and the bt848 chipset.

dmesg infomation for the card is as follows:

bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 18 int a irq 10 on pci0:8:0
Intel Smart Video III/VideoLogic Captivator PCI, <none> tuner.

Then I tried installing FXVT version .47 from the ports collection in
order to use the video capture capabilities of my card.  When I started
FXVT, the window came up, but the captured image from my camera was
shown as a ghost image all along the bottom of my screen and not in the
FXVT window.

I'm wondering if there are other video capture software where I can
capture images and/or mpeg video (or avi video for that matter).

Thanks for the help, and please cc any responses to my address because
I'm not subscribed to this group.  Although, maybe I should be?
Anyways, thanks again.

Joey