Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:51:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        barry@lustig.com
Cc:        sthaug@nethelp.no, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Failure during Amanda Backup  (Unexpected busfree)

As Barry Lustig wrote ...
> No.  These same drives and DLT have been running on the system for the past
> 6 months.  First under 2.2.8, and then I upgraded to 3.1-stable.  They have
> been in the same place on the SCSI chain the entire time.  The only thing
> that has been changing is that da1s1e has been filling up.  It has grown from
> 4-5GB to almost 9GB used.

Which should not matter I'd say.

I can only speak for my own config, which also has a DLT4000 (OK, DEC TZ88)
on an ncr875. 2 disks are on another ncr875. The disks are a IBM 4.5Gb USCSI
and an older Seagate Barracuda 4.3Gb FSCSI disk.

DLT worked fine with 2.2.8-stable which I ran until 1.5 weeks ago. Now on
3.1-stable it works just as well as before. What does this tell us?

Hmm. I'll give it some thought but I guess it is something in the Adaptec
driver interacting badly with the SCSI devices you have. Iff this is true
it will probably hard for other people to help if they don't have exactly
the same h/w config.

Groeten / Cheers,
Wilko