Date:         Mon, 16 Jun 97 23:30 PDT
From:      Denis DeLaRoca                       <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM>
Cc:        multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   rat-3.0.22 and guspnp7 sound driver

I re-installed my Gus PnP card again and the guspnp7 sound driver;
and I am trying rat 3.0.22. I am tuning in KWVA via the MBONE and
their sound comes loud and clear when using vat. With rat I get a
loud background hiss and low sound level. I also get the following
errors:

       rat in free(): warning: modified (chunk -) pointer.
       getting volume: Invalid argument
       getting volume: Invalid argument

have you seen these msgs too? The volume slider in rat appears func-
tional, while the one in vat is dead. Weren't you going to fix this
either in the driver or in vat's audio module? I remember your pointing
out you didn't have this problem with your trio-pro sound card.

-- Denis