Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:05:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rwatson@freebsd.org
Cc:        rizzo@icir.org, current@freebsd.org, small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] what do we do with picobsd ?

In message: <20060131195637.U95776@fledge.watson.org>
            Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org> writes:
:
: On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > Given how intertwingled picobsd is to the underly OS, I think you are going
: > to have a hard time getting to #3.  #2 is fine with me.
:
: My feelings here are pretty much the same -- I'm skeptical about the continued
: ability to maintain PicoBSD outside CVS in a long-term way, given tight
: integration with the source tree.  People can and do maintain there own
: versions of FreeBSD releases and wrappers (FreeSBIE is presumably the most
: successful example), but it's a lot of work, and if there's trouble finding
: enough hands for the current PicoBSD, it doesn't seem likely it will get more
: hands somewhere else.

Our company maintains its own release tools that would fall somewhere
between PicoBSD and NanoBSD.  We've tried very hard to make them
version independent, but it is a constant struggle.

Warner