Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:41:23 +0100
From:      Ian Vaudrey <i.vaudrey@cableinet.co.uk>
To:        "'ports@freebsd.org'" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Conditional PLIST entries?

I've been playing with the Objective Caml port, with the aim of modifying it so
that it installs the ocaml HTML reference manual so long as NOPORTSDOC is not
defined. This was pretty straightforward, but I've noticed that the ocaml configure
correctly spots that I don't have X installed and so doesn't build or install
three X dependent files. So far so good, make all install works as expected and now
installs the HTML stuff too. But make package fails, because of course the PLIST
contains pointers to the three X dependent files.

So, is there any way to have conditional entries in the PLIST? In this case,
obviously I'd like to have these three entries conditional on the presence of X.

TIA,

 - Ian