Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 19:51:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        Mark Simos <MSimos@POBox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: please help me

> If not for asking questions...
> then what, pray tell, is the point of _this_ list?

	It's a place for newbies to find WHERE to get help. It's for
telling people about all the trouble you went through to get xxx working
for the first time. It's for discussing things related to being/for/about
newbies in the FreeBSD world. It is NOT a technical support forum. Newbie
questions are not only engouraged in -questions, they are welcomed there.

> I may be on the wrong one.... I am looking for info on BSD. I come
> from a windows / debian background and am looking to familiarize
> myself with ideologies / layout / configuration of BSD and what people
> are running into as far as problems / solutions on a regular basis.
> and of course to ask questions when i get stumped. :)

	-Questions would be the place to ask about most of this. If you
want links to places to get help, I'd check www.freebsddiary.org, the
Handbook, www.defcon1.org (if I remeber right,) and
www.mostgraveconcern.com for help on your topics of interest.

						Rick