Date:      Sun,  7 Jun 1998 17:40:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Yun-Ching Lee <ycl+@CMU.EDU>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, thehades <thehades@erols.com>
Subject:   Re: Wide SCSI on a narrow SCSI bus

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd.scsi: 7-Jun-98 Wide SCSI on a
narrow SCSI bus by thehades@erols.com
> I have a Adaptec 2940 narrow host adapter with two hard drives and one
> cd-rom.  I would like to add an ultra wide scsi drive.  Can I just use an
> adapter?

Yes.  I have a drive that uses such adapter.

> I have been looking at adapters and am a bit confused.  Do ultra wide
> drives have a male or female connector?

Female.

I used the adapter from this page:  http://www.scsi-cables.com/line/adapt.htm
ADP-9050 is what I got.  I think they charged $40/ea for one, $30/ea for
2+.  You can probably find less expensive adapters if you call around.

--
Yun-Ching (Allen) Lee                   ycl+@cmu.edu
"There is no such thing as a good influence...  All influence is immoral."