Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:47:03 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to update ports tree indexes when using svn

On 10/12/2012 14:39, S.N.Grigoriev wrote:
> after the security announcement
> (http://www.freebsd.org/news/2012-compromise.html) I use svn to
> update my local ports tree. I've found out that the port index is not
> updated. What is the preferred/recommended way to update port indexes
> when using svn?

That ports INDEX generated for 'make fetchindex' is not being updated is
a temporary thing, while machines are quarantined and rebuilt.  So you
could just wait for a few weeks until service is resumed.

If you just have to have an INDEX before then, then pretty much your
only option is to build your own.  You can either use 'make index' or
ports-mgmt/p5-FreeBSD-Portindex.  There are various advantages either
way; personally I prefer the latter, but then I'm biased, because I
wrote it.

	Cheers,

	Matthew