Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 1996 02:02:52 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        kmitch@phantasma.bevc.blacksburg.va.us
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New MOTIF addition to ports in -current

 * X11BASE=        /usr/X11R6
 * HAVE_MOTIF=     yes
 * MOTIFLIB=       "-L${X11BASE}/lib -lXm"
 *
 *
 * If I take ther quotes off of MOTIFLIB, or comment it out completely it works
 * fine though.  Just thought I would bring this up since this is currently the
 * default setting.

I'm sorry, my mistake, it's quoted in bsd.port.mk so quoting it here
will double-quote (pordon the pun) it and effectively unquote it. ;)

Please comment out MOTIFLIB.  You don't need it anyway, it's the
default, as the weak comment attempts to tell you.  You don't need the
X11BASE line either, for that matter, that's also the default.

I've changed the example in make.conf and the comments for X11BASE and
MOTIFLIB.

Thanks!

Satoshi