Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:51:20 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd@sysmach.com>, <FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.2-install.iso

I had what sounds like the same problem .... people claimed that it can be
done in all sorts of weird Windows CD copy apps, (mind you none of them
could / would say exactly how). However if you get a copy of Adaptec EzCD
its quite straightforward ... there is a menu item "create CD from disc
image" Only thing to watch ... W2K doesn't like earlier versions than 4.x,
and earlier than 3.5c will cause immediate BSOD on booting.

> Just wondering if someone can point out my mistake. i downloaded the
4.2-install.iso from ftp.freebsd.org and burned it to a CDR (all done in
windows.) I tried to boot from it but it wont work. I imaged the two disks,
kern.flp and mfsroot.flp and that worked, but not the 638 meg iso file i
download. Do I image the .iso file before burning it to the CD too? thanks
!!