Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:29:20 -0600
From:      "Andras Kende" <andras@kende.com>
To:        "'Ken Hawkins'" <ken@rosewoodblues.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: apache13_modssl + mod_php4 + php4-extenstions + mysql323-* +myphpadmin = ...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Ken Hawkins
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 2:16 PM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: apache13_modssl + mod_php4 + php4-extenstions + mysql323-*
+myphpadmin = ...

[Tue Feb  1 11:58:29 2005] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined
function:  preg_match() in
/usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/defines.lib.php on line 36

I have re-installed the above mentioned ports and everything is up and
running however from phpmyadmin I am getting the above mentioned error
when trying to use phpmyadmin from a webpage.

I have seen the various supposed fixes and have tried a few. I do not
get the =20 after the error and have tried ripping out everything.
installing php4-pear then apache13-modssl, mysql323-server / client and
myphpadmin yet i still get this!

can someone please give me the definitive fix for this? is there one?

sorry to sound frustrated, loosing a day tracking this down is no fun

ken;

Hello,

Looks like PHP missing the PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions)
Support

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Should have like:

PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) Support | enabled
PCRE Library Version | 4.5 01-December-2003

Its also here:
/usr/ports/devel/php4-pcre/

Best regards,

Andras Kende