Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 09:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dev null <dev_null_cron@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   probe AWE64 in 4.6.-RELEASE-p1

Hi,
  I've been searching on newsgroups and mailing lists
for ways to get my ISA PnP AWE64 Value to work in
FreeBSD box, but it has not been successful.
pnpinfo command only recognizes one(USR Modem) of the
two ISA device in my box.
cat /dev/sndstat returns the following:
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:

I've swapped the two devices' slots but the OS still
only recognize the USR modem, and not the AWE64.
I can post my kernel configuration if needed. I've
added the device pcm and device sbc lines to it.
Information on both ISA devices are shown when the box
is starting up (it shows that Audio device uses IRQ 5,
and the USR Modem uses IRQ 3), but dmesg|grep pcm
returns with nothing.

It the BIOS setup,
"PNP OS Installed" option is set to NO.

From dmesg, there is no devices that uses IRQ 5.
I've gotten this box to with Linux and AWE64 was
recognize as PnP device on IRQ 5.

What else can I do to get this soundcard to work?

Thanks,
David