Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:56:19 -0400
From:      pat <pfoley@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: canon djc-4000 printer

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 05:54:46PM -0400, SCARLETTRETT@aol.com wrote:

> I am having troble with my printer printing it goes through the motions, but
> does not print. I have refilled my Ink.It wont print on line or off line.

I don't have my little Canon printing yet, but here's where to look:

	gimp-print.sourceforge.net

These guys have been working on printer drivers for Canon/Epson/and
other difficult printers, originally for the Gimp, but the package
can also be wrapped up to run as a new driver for Ghostscript. The
instructions for doing this are pretty complicated but if you follow
them exactly you will indeed roll a new driver into the ghostscript
package for you. Maybe it'll work for you. This is, so far as I know,
your _only_ hope for using your printer with FreeBSD.

You can find a whole lot of interesting printing stuff at

	www.linuxprinting.org

HTH,
Pat