Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:23:51 +0100
From:      "Jimmy Hjelm" <jimbo99@telia.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Rage LT Pro AGP 2x

> "Virginia K. Wills" wrote:
>
> > I got my cd's for FreeBSD 3.4 today. Installation went well. I found
> > that my Rage LT Pro AGP 2x is not on the list of cards when I ran
> > XF86Setup.  I used the Rage Mach 64 for the card, noninterlaced =
setting
> > for the monitor and 800x600 24 bp for the mode selection. Anything =
else
> > gave me 2 to 3 instances of kde when I used 'startx'. The problem is =
the
> > picture is narrower at the bottom than at the top. Does anyone else =
have
> > this card? What settings did you use?

I have the exact same card, and I use ATI Mach64  Rage Pro.  Use the
automatic probing, and you may want to set the amount of video memory
manually (probably 8mb - it seems to be pretty standard).  You need a
version of XF86 more recent than about 1-2 years,  so the one you've got
should work very well.   Just use Mach64 Rage Pro, and you will have no
problems.  Just be careful to get the right monitor settings, it might =
be a
little trickier than it seems at first.

/Jimmy

P.S.  DO NOT use the Rage II choice or anything like it, and DO NOT =
change
the RAMDAC settings, it may mess up your card.