Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:44:56 +0200
From:      Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Code Formatter for STYLE(9)?

On 24/03/16 21:25, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 03/24/16 14:29, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> is there a ready to use C code formatter available that honours
>> STYLE(9)? I tried clang-format, but it knows only LLVM, Google,
>> Chromium, Mozilla by default. The GNU indent --original seems to produ=
ce
>> nothing usable. Same problem with astyle --style=3Dbsd.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Maybe you want to contribute to:
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/tools/tools/indent_wrapper
>
> It also supports diffs.=20

I tried to use the FreeBSD indent with your configuration on a pretty=20
badly formatted file, but it didn't work well. My hope was that someone=20
has a configuration for the clang-format.

The uncrustify program seems to be quite capable, but would require=20
additional support to cope with STYLE(9). At least using

https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/blob/master/freebsd.cfg

didn't yield a good result.

--=20
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de

Diese Nachricht ist keine gesch=E4ftliche Mitteilung im Sinne des EHUG.