Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:59:10 +0100
From:      <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing gnome2  with XFree86-4 - Why is this so difficilt?????

Hi Kevin,
   Thanks for taking the time to answer the queries I posed.

I'm actually running the re-install of XFree86-4 at the moment wihtout having
done a make distclean. Is this the reason why for each component, it fails
with "error: XFree86-4<component> already installed, perhaps an older
version..,"?

Would it be in my interest then to stop this and restart from the beginning?

Thanks again.

Stacey