Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 00:45:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      Walter Oostendorp <oostendw@worldonline.nl>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sane 1.0 and CAM

Hello all,

I am trying to add a scanner to my 3.0_RELEASE box. But I can't
get sane to detect it properly. It should be partly supported,
according to the sane docs.

Dmesg tells me this:

ncr0: <ncr 53c810a fast10 scsi> rev 0x12 int a irq 11 on pci0.18.0

pass4 at ncr0 bus 0 target 5 lun 0
pass4: <ULTIMA AT12 2.10> Fixed Scanner SCSI2 device
pass4: 3.300MB/s transfers

The other SCSI devices on the same bus are working OK.

I don't know whether I have to symlink a /dev/scanner to /dev/pass4
or to include the pt0 device in the config.

The pt0 device does not show up in dmesg if included in the config.
What is the purpose of the pass device ? Can it be used or is it just
informative ?

Searching both the lists and the sane docs didn't bring any luck.

While reading the source I wonder if anyone can give a clue.

Regards,
Walter