Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:19:18 +0100
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jamie Paul Griffin <jamie@kode5.net>
Subject:   Re: Questions about ZFS Tuning

On Monday 17 September 2012 13:20:14 Jamie Paul Griffin wrote:

> I set zfs.zfs.prefetch_disable=0 because some dmesg line suggested/implied
> it would benefit. I don't recall the exact output now.

If you look in /var/run/dmesg.boot you should find the message saying "ZFS
NOTICE: Prefetch is disabled by default if less than 4GB of RAM is present;
to enable, add "vfs.zfs.prefetch_disable=0" to /boot/loader.conf."

Since you have 2GB RAM then it's best to leave things as they are with
prefetch disabled.

--
Mike Clarke