Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:37:02 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        papowell@astart.com, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Subject:   Re: was: Bringing LPRng into FreeBSD?

On 27-Jun-00 David O'Brien wrote:
>  On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 10:12:08PM -0400, Bill Fumerola wrote:
>  We should decide on just what it means.  If the Artistic License alone is
>  suffient to keep LPRng out of FreeBSD, then Perl needs to go.  Just like
>  LPRng, Perl is under the same "GPL or Artistic License".   The Perl
>  Lovers have made Perl so interwinded in FreeBSD that one virtually cannot
>  build world or kernels with out it.

Except that Perl fullfilled a function not present in the system where as the
point here is that since lpr works, it is not necessary to replace it with
something that has a bad licence.

(Comments about the functionality of perl not welcome in this forum I would say
:)

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum