Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:11:18 +0100
From:      "Chris Ward" <chris.p.ward@ntlworld.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kernel Panic during install with 4.8 mini ISO

I'm seeing a kernel panic during boot of 4.8 mini ISO install CD, details
below.

Fault virtual addr = 0xeb902
Fault code = supervisor read, page not present
Instr Ptr = 0x8:0xc00eb807
Stack Ptr = 0x10:0xc0843d6c
Frame Ptr = 0x10:0xc0843d6c
Code Seg = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b, DPL0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
Proc eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
Current proc = 0 (swapper)
IRQ mask = net tty bio cam
Trap no = 12

Just prior to this it was probing the VGA:

pcio0: <unknown card> (vendor = 0x1039, dev = 0x7013) at 1.6 irq 10
pcib2: <PCI to PCI bridge (vendor = 1039, device = 0001)> at device 2.0 on
pci0
pci1: <PCI bus> on pcib2
pci1: <SIS model 6300 VGA-compatible display device> at 0.0
pci_cfgintr_virgin: using routable interrupt 3

<Kernel panic follows...>

The kernel is unmodified from that of the ISO image.

I'm guessing that I need to pass in some params to init the graphics card
but being new to FreeBSD I'm not sure how to do this.

Could somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thx.
Chris.