Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:39:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Allen Cockrum <cockrum@cc.wwu.edu>
To:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        ****@***.com, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: You might want to know this!

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, David Wolfskill wrote

> >If you go to Hotbot and search your screen name any postings you have
> >posted here at FreeBSD will show up.
>
> I'm not at all sure what is meant by "screen name," but that sounds like
> a term that folks would associate with immature individuals on a BBS.
>
> Many of us, in some sense, may well warrant the term "newbies", but
> there are certainly some of us who never got involved in BBSs...  and
> there are some of us who -- chronologically, at least -- aren't of an age
> that one would reasonably associate with immaturity.

After all, we all know only "immature individuals" and "malicious hackers"
would ever use somthing as arcane as a BBS, or make use of a "screen name"
or handle.  And ceritanly only the immature would ever care about personal
information being released on the internet, or computer security in
general.  I think that a UNIX system administrator such as yourself (as
i'm sure you must be, since you put in your message footer) would
certianly agree that anyone who uses a handle or screen name in a
e-mail obviously has somthing to hide, and should be incarcerated for
their actions immediately.

Just a thought.