Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2021 15:17:58 +0200
From:      Daniel Ebdrup Jensen <debdrup@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: en_US.ISO8859-1 copy of Committer's Guide is outdated

--ita5uliu6f2sb46m

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 09:05:05PM -0600, Rebecca Cran wrote:
>I noticed that
>
>https://docs.freebsd.org/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/index.h=
tml

>still has the Subversion Primer, while the copy at
>
>https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/committers-guide/
>
>has the updated Git version of the docs.
>Is there some extra work needed for the en_US.ISO8859-1 copy, or was=20
>it missed in an update?
>
>--=20
>Rebecca Cran

Hi Rebecca,

      Yes, this is an (unintended, but necessary) consequence of the move
      from a previous URI scheme to the new one, that was implemented
      along with the AsciiDoctor conversion that was finished some time
      ago.

      Eventually, the idea is to set up HTTP 301 redirects, which should
      not only ensure that old links get redirected properly to the new
      documentation (so that there are no dead links), but it should also
      make it so that the various search engines and other web-spiders
      pick up on the change.

      The current issue, however, that there's still a few things that
      needs to be addressed before this can happen, and we also need to
      have an actual map of how the URIs changed, which needs to be
      created by someone. It'd be great if someone would be interested in
      making this map. :)

      I hope this sheds a bit of light, but rest assured that we're aware
      of it, and are working on it. ;)

Yours,
Daniel Ebdrup Jensen, with a doc hat on.

--ita5uliu6f2sb46m

--ita5uliu6f2sb46m--