Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:55:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Lyndon Griffin <lyndon@bsd4us.org>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: merger information

Now that you ask, I'm not sure exactly what the status of the SPARC
version of BSD/OS is - but the press release *is* touting that the new
company will "deliver its BSD Internet and networking technologies on
leading microprocessor platforms, including Intel, SPARC, Alpha, PowerPC,
and StrongARM."  Futhermore, as of Internet Super Server 4.0, the FAQ on
BSDi's site indicates that SPARC and PowerPC ports are in the works for
shrink-wrapped versions, and it also implies that large corporations can
make case-by-case arrangements to get these architectures.

<:)  Lyndon