Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 12:16:30 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Raul Ocampo <spud@ibahn.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Telnet

On Fri, Aug 07, 1998 at 09:51:10AM +0800, Raul Ocampo wrote:

> hello,
>
> I'm a new user to FreeBsd.
> I'm trying to telnet from my FreeBsd box to
> a linux box, it does not seem to work whenever i'm in
> text mode. But when I'm in X it works.
> What is the problem here ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I'm forwarding this to freebsd-questions where you'll get a "right"
answer, and adding info about my newbie workaround :-)

I simply installed the screen package, and run 'screen' before
'telnet linux.host.name'. It is easy and works very well.

No doubt others will offer more technical solutions which you could
try too.

> BTW Are there any HOWTO documents available on the net.

A good place to start is the FreeBSD web site, especially
http://www.freebsd.org/newbies.html
It points to most of the documentation, tutorials, etc.
If you can't find the answers you're looking for from there,
come back and ask freebsd-questions.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-