Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 1995 23:42:59 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users), joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Subject:   Re: ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

: It's SLIP, but _only_ for TCP.  That made me suspect T/TCP in the
: first place: ICMP and UDP datagrams passed the SLIP link.  Only TCP
: traffic caused errors at the link layer.
:
: Maybe it was a problem with Auto-VJ, it's not exactly reproducable now
: and seems to be solved.

I seem to recall from my recent exposure to the slcompress code that
it assumes there are no options in use.  I further recall that PPP and
SLIP both use the same compression code.  My recent reading of Stevens
leads me to recall that T/TCP will use options somehow.  Maybe that is
the problem.....

Warner