Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 2015 07:26:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frank_s@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mplayer screenshots

I haven't tried to make sceenshots for a while but now I need to.

I'm getting the following error when I press 's':

sending VFCTRL_SCREENSHOT!
[png @ 0x2112a90]AVFrame.format is not set
[png @ 0x2112a90]AVFrame.width or height is not set
*** screenshot 'shot0001.png' ***

and it produces an 89 byte file.  I have vf=screenshot in mplayer/config.
The same error shows up using smplayer which sends -vf-add screenshot as
part of the mplayer command line.

Mplayer version is MPlayer SVN-r37451-snapshot-3.4.1.

I found this at http://forum.smplayer.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8176 dated
Fri Sep 11, 2015:

  It's an FFmpeg bug in the newer MPlayer builds. I'm just gonna roll it
  back.

Is there an update in the pipeline to correct this?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching the mailing list
but apparently the mailing list search page has been changed and things
don't work like they used to.

Thanks,
Frank