Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:16:44 -0600
From:      Andre Goree <andre@drenet.info>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libutempter

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andre Goree <andre@drenet.info>
Date: Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:15 AM
To: Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne.geraghty@heuristicsystems.com.au>

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Dewayne Geraghty <
dewayne.geraghty@heuristicsystems.com.au> wrote:

> I just checked the makefile and libutempter is in the base system, per
> .if ${OSVERSION} >= 900004
> IGNORE=         is now contained in the base system
>
> I hope this helps.
> Regards, Dewayne

"I would still just proceed with the removal given that the functionality
is provided in base now, however I don't want to break [dependencies on]
all these ports"

Mentioned that I was aware that it was in ports in my original post, sorry
if I was confusing.

What I've done in the meantime is just exclude that package for now.
Perhaps after rebuilding the ports that currently depend on the libutempter
port, the issue will resolve itself.  These ports where built on the system
when world was 8.2-STABLE, so I'm hoping a rebuild will sort it out.