Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:51:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Roger P. Johnson" <rpj@fep.hirshfields.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will FreeBSD *ever* fix their 2940U drivers ???????????????

> I too have around 6-7 of these controllers, some work - some don't work... I
> was talking to a guy a while ago with a view of publishing our findings...
> Basically 'some cards don't work with some boards', I beleive theres timing
> problems (or similar) with some cards, and some motherboards...

    Has anyone tried a different brand contoller under this circumstance ?

    Would it even matter ? Does FreeBSD use the same SCSI controller "guts" for all
PCI SCSI cards ?

    I am looking at Buslogic BT-956C (F/W) and BT-948 (Ultra Narrow), but of courese
I cannot find any documentaion (as of 2.2.6) that the BT-948 is supported. Is anyone
using it ??

    I'm curious enough to find a solution bad enough to risk getting burned (again),
and try the Buslogic card.

     Roger
     rjohnson@hirshfields.com