Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:23:21 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        "diesel" <diesel@bsdvault.net>
Cc:        "'Jonathan M. Slivko'" <jslivko@blinx.net>, "'Erik Sabowski'" <airyk@sabowski.dhs.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any way to have multiple machines share a single passwd file?

"diesel" wrote:

| The issuance of Pwd_mkdb is going to be covered in article II.  Syncing
| of local password file is going to be done in article II as well as
| integrity checking.  This article proves it possible and the means to do
| it.  Many organizations use this method to manage their networks.  Ill
| be sure to email you the second and third parts.

Please don't email me your articles.  If I want to read them
I'll know where to look.

My point was that you failed completely to mention that your
proposal, as published, does *not* in fact affect the real
password files and is therefore only part of the solution.  If
you had mentioned that it was incomplete and that the stuff to
come in future parts was essential, then there would be no
problem.  As it stands, it is dangerous misinformation that
pretends to be helpful.

Please don't just start typing at the top of quoted material.
If you have something to add, put it after the quoted stuff that
it refers to.  And please don't keep this going on the stable
mailing list -- it's off-topic.

|    Half full or half empty?

As it stands, fully empty.