Date:      Sat, 3 Jan 2015 09:31:22 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: odd behaviour with graphics, vt(4), VGA, and probing the text region leading to NMIs at boot

Sounds like the virtualization code is sensitive to the mode.  Meaning =
that whatever is virtualizing the graphics card doesn't do the proper =
thing when you're in a graphical mode.  Can't the probes be turned off?

Basically when the "card" is in gfx mode, it doesn't do the right thing =
for those memory addresses.  Sounds like the fix would be to not touch =
those regions unless you're actually in text mode. =20